Thursday, June 25, 2009

Titleist Ap2 Fakes Uk

The Alert-LE: harass military reporter for The Free Press Jornada Guerrero

(Cencos) .- Jesús Rodríguez Montes, correspondent for the newspaper La Jornada Guerrero was questioned and photographed at a military checkpoint installed in Huamuarxtitlán, Guerrero (southwest) while returning to document the murder of an indigenous na savi by the Army.

After a trip to Huammuxtitlán to investigate the murder of indigenous na savi , Montes Rodriguez boarded the wrong bus while trying to return to the town of Tlapa where a correspondent for La Jornada Guerrero . Realizing he was on the wrong bus, he decided to get it off and walk to find the correct return. By moving a few steps was faced with a military checkpoint where he was interrogated for more than ten minutes, time that in addition to having to show all their identifications were photographed.

Cencos In an interview with the journalist told the facts, "I returned to Tlapa, I had the wrong truck and find the right back was forced to go through the military checkpoint. Was walking and Lieutenant Melarve asked me to stop because I did them because it seemed odd people in the area. Did not bring my camera to the eye because it was stored in the backpack, I asked for my identification and I showed, but at a middle distance I were taking pictures with a small camera were other soldiers Melarve told me it was a routine operation because I made them suspicious, after just ten minutes I let go, before I had not past. "

Between 2008 and 2009 there have been 20 attacks on journalists and communicators of the entity. Of the 13 corresponding to 2008, 76% were in the hands of public officials. So far in 2009 there have been murders and 2 . The first happened in the town of Iguala, February 13, where the photographer Jean Paul Ibarra was killed and a journalist was seriously injured after they were attacked with gunfire by unknown firearm. The second was committed on 29 February in the town of Taxco, where the journalist, Juan Carlos Hernández World, editor of local Don Quixote, was killed by gunshots fire by two persons intercepted him with a van in the area of \u200b\u200bTehuilotepec, in the town of Taxco de Alarcón, on his way to cover an event for his newspaper. Both murders remain unsolved and are part of the alarming attacks on freedom of expression in the state.

therefore Cencos express their solidarity with the journalists' union of Guerrero and particularly with the employees of La Jornada Guerrero who have recently been harassed.

Cencos express deep concern about a possible and serious abuse of power by the authorities in the context of violence and militarization on the cross the state.

Cencos we appeal to the State Government to take necessary measures to guarantee the right of freedom of expression as the obstruction to the right of society to be informed, resulting in a direct threat to the consolidation of democracy .

Letters to the Editor

* For more information please contact Rita Baldwin, Department of Education and Research Cencos +52 (55) 5533-6475 / 76 ext 108 rita.balderas @ Cenco. org

-CENCOS was the first organization to denounce the attacks against journalists in Mexico initiate this activity in the mid-seventies. It seeks to promote freedom of expression and specifically freedom of the press as an individual right of journalists, and as a collective right of society to receive information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment